|Published:||Jan 02, 2013 7:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 02, 2013 11:59 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, FL - According to police, Maatsch approached officers the night of the crime wearing womens clothing.
An arrest report decribes the 32-year old as wearing a blue blouse and dark jeans, boots.
Authorities say Maatsch gave conflicting stories of a suspect he claimed to have seen and his whereabouts the night of the attack.
Investigators say they were able to link him to the crime based on DNA collected as well as bloody clothes found at his home.
- ORIGINAL STORY -
Stabbing victim Tracey Marazzi says she still fears being in her home alone; one week after a brutal attack. Marazzi says she is recovering physically but isn't sure when or if she'll return to her Paseo neighborhood.
One day after Christmas, Marazzi was stabbed multiple times. Police arrested John Maatsch for the crime. He faces multiple charges including burglary and assault. If he is convicted he could be sentenced to life behind bars.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic