|Published:||Jan 02, 2013 7:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 02, 2013 11:59 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, FL - According to police, Maatsch approached officers the night of the crime wearing womens clothing.
An arrest report decribes the 32-year old as wearing a blue blouse and dark jeans, boots.
Authorities say Maatsch gave conflicting stories of a suspect he claimed to have seen and his whereabouts the night of the attack.
Investigators say they were able to link him to the crime based on DNA collected as well as bloody clothes found at his home.
- ORIGINAL STORY -
Stabbing victim Tracey Marazzi says she still fears being in her home alone; one week after a brutal attack. Marazzi says she is recovering physically but isn't sure when or if she'll return to her Paseo neighborhood.
One day after Christmas, Marazzi was stabbed multiple times. Police arrested John Maatsch for the crime. He faces multiple charges including burglary and assault. If he is convicted he could be sentenced to life behind bars.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft