|Published:||Jan 01, 2013 12:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 01, 2013 12:03 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- It's time to say goodbye to 2012! Southwest Florida offers several free events to ring in 2013.
Fort Myers Beach: If you like to mix sand and fun you can head to Time's Square at Fort Myers Beach for a ball drop and fireworks from the pier. The celebrations start at 7:00 with live musical performances from local bands. A reminder, you can take the trolley from the Park N Ride lots for 50 cents. If you're driving, the Matanzas Pass Bridge will close from 12:15 AM-1:00 AM to allow 2 lanes of traffic to leave the beach after the fireworks display.
Downtown Fort Myers: If you're looking for something downtown, the river basin hosts its annual "Downtown Countdown." Festivities run from 6:00 PM-2:00 AM. There will be a ball drop and fireworks show at midnight. General admission is free and gives you access to all the lights, sounds, and sights of the new year.
Naples: In downtown Naples, the music gets started at 6:00 on3rd St. South. The fireworks show gets started at 7:30 from the Naples Pier.
Cape Coral: If you're celebrating in the Cape, you can ring in 2013 with the 7th annual fireworks and ball drop at the Promenade at Cape Harbour. The event kicks off at 8:00 PM and the ball will drop from high atop the Marina South Condo Complex. Events at Cape Harbour end at 1:00 AM.
Punta Gorda: Charlotte County celebrates tonight at Punta Gorda's Fisherman's Village. The event kicks off at 5:00 PM and will feature tons of family-friendly activities including face painting and balloon artists.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft