|Published:||Dec 31, 2012 10:27 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 31, 2012 10:27 AM EST|
CITRA, Fla. (AP) - A soldier from north Florida has been killed in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense says Pfc. Markie T. Sims of Citra died Saturday in Panjwal, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device.
The 20-year-old was assigned to the 38th Engineer Company, 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, under control of the 7th Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- New home industry really coming back?
- Hillsborough County approves incentives for Amazon