|Published:||Dec 31, 2012 10:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 31, 2012 10:46 AM EST|
OVIEDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in central Florida are continuing their search for two fishermen who may have been ejected from their boat on Lake Jesup.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/S1lWdx ) reports rescue teams spent much of Sunday searching for 26-year-old Charlie Jackson and 30-year-old Jason Cobb. Family members told the newspaper the men had gone to a bachelor party on Friday night and set out onto the lake just after midnight Saturday.
Crews planned to return to the lake early Monday to search again.
Jackson's 15-foot boat was found Saturday in some cattails north of their camp after relatives reported the men missing.
Authorities believe the men may have been ejected from the boat. It contained two life jackets, two paddles and eight unopened cans of beer.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- 2nd bear suspected in woman's mauling euthanized
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case