|Published:||Dec 31, 2012 10:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 31, 2012 10:46 AM EST|
OVIEDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in central Florida are continuing their search for two fishermen who may have been ejected from their boat on Lake Jesup.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/S1lWdx ) reports rescue teams spent much of Sunday searching for 26-year-old Charlie Jackson and 30-year-old Jason Cobb. Family members told the newspaper the men had gone to a bachelor party on Friday night and set out onto the lake just after midnight Saturday.
Crews planned to return to the lake early Monday to search again.
Jackson's 15-foot boat was found Saturday in some cattails north of their camp after relatives reported the men missing.
Authorities believe the men may have been ejected from the boat. It contained two life jackets, two paddles and eight unopened cans of beer.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- A&E's 'Beyond Scared Straight' films in Charlotte County
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Suspect gets life in prison for 2011 deadly shooting
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires
- Coyote sightings on the rise in Sanibel
- FMPD arrests teen on stolen gun charge
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Lee struggles with budget and SRO issues
- Last person arrested in Lee Co. School District check scam