|Published:||Dec 31, 2012 1:33 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 31, 2012 2:27 PM EST|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- Deputies are investigating an armed home invasion that happened on Saturday evening on Lovely Way in North Fort Myers.
According to the incident report, after hearing a knock, the female victim answered the door. She saw a man she didn't know. He asked where her husband was. When she told him he wasn't home, he pushed her to the floor and stormed passed her. The suspect found the male victim in the master bedroom, pushed him to the ground and asked for his money. When he was told that the victims didn't have any cash, the suspect took something from the dresser and fled on foot.
The victims realized several rings, including a wedding band and engagement ring, were missing from the dresser.
The suspect has been described as a man in his 20s, standing about 5'6 and weighing 150 lbs. The victims say he had a thin mustache, was wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans on the evening of the invasion. They say he was armed with a small, chrome-colored, .22 or .38 caliber firearm.
If you have information on this crime or the wherabouts of this suspect, you are asked to call 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash