|Published:||Dec 31, 2012 8:55 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 01, 2013 12:08 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- An arrest was made pertaining to a stabbing which occurred in the Paseo neighborhood on December 26th around 4:30 a.m. The victim was asleep in her bed when she was attacked by a man. The woman fought back and the suspect fled the home. The victim was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital as a trauma alert. She is recovering from her injuries.
Fort Myers Police Department investigated the case and suspected a neighbor, John Maatsch, in the stabbing. After further investigation, police obtained forensic evidence that links Maatsch to the crime. At the request of detectives, Maatsch voluntarily turned himself into police. He was arrested for occupied burglary with a battery and aggravated battery. The motive for the crime remains under investigation.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean