|Published:||Dec 31, 2012 8:55 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 01, 2013 12:08 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- An arrest was made pertaining to a stabbing which occurred in the Paseo neighborhood on December 26th around 4:30 a.m. The victim was asleep in her bed when she was attacked by a man. The woman fought back and the suspect fled the home. The victim was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital as a trauma alert. She is recovering from her injuries.
Fort Myers Police Department investigated the case and suspected a neighbor, John Maatsch, in the stabbing. After further investigation, police obtained forensic evidence that links Maatsch to the crime. At the request of detectives, Maatsch voluntarily turned himself into police. He was arrested for occupied burglary with a battery and aggravated battery. The motive for the crime remains under investigation.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound