|Published:||Dec 31, 2012 8:55 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 01, 2013 12:08 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- An arrest was made pertaining to a stabbing which occurred in the Paseo neighborhood on December 26th around 4:30 a.m. The victim was asleep in her bed when she was attacked by a man. The woman fought back and the suspect fled the home. The victim was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital as a trauma alert. She is recovering from her injuries.
Fort Myers Police Department investigated the case and suspected a neighbor, John Maatsch, in the stabbing. After further investigation, police obtained forensic evidence that links Maatsch to the crime. At the request of detectives, Maatsch voluntarily turned himself into police. He was arrested for occupied burglary with a battery and aggravated battery. The motive for the crime remains under investigation.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges