|Published:||Dec 30, 2012 10:43 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 30, 2012 10:43 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police officers are investigating the city's 24th homicide of the year, after a man was found dead inside a home on Lafayette Street.
Police say a call came in around 7:30 Sunday morning about a person dead inside a home in the 2000 block of Lafayette Street, just off Central Avenue.
Officers say it is considered a homicide investigation, marking the city's 24th killing this year.
Police plan to execute a search warrant on the home. FDLE is assisting in processing the crime scene.
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record