|Published:||Dec 30, 2012 11:14 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 30, 2012 11:14 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- An early Sunday morning fire damaged a Fort Myers home.
The fire broke out at the home on the corner of Layafette Street and Central Avenue.
No one was home at the time but there were multiple dogs at the house.
Officers rescued one of them, the rest were okay.
There was no extensive damage to the home and the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Just hours later, Fort Myers Police responded to a homicide investigation just a few doors away.
Officials do not know if the two incidents are connected.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church