|Published:||Dec 30, 2012 6:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 30, 2012 6:38 PM EST|
OVIEDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are searching for two fishermen whose undamaged boat was found stranded in a central Florida lake.
The Seminole County Sheriff's Office and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission continued searching Sunday for Charles Jackson of Deltona and Jason Cobb of Osteen.
Jackson's boat was found Saturday in Lake Jesup after relatives reported the men overdue from a fishing trip.
Conservation commission spokeswoman Joy Hill says the men left in a 15-foot boat early Saturday. The boat was later found in some cattails north of their camp.
Hill says the men may have been ejected from the boat. It contained two life jackets, two paddles and eight unopened beer cans.
Hill says the lake has a large alligator population but it's too cold for them to be very active.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim