|Published:||Dec 29, 2012 9:13 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 29, 2012 9:22 AM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office arrested two people, charged with grand theft, after they allegedly stole cars from a lot.
The sheriff's office says a K-9 deputy was patrolling Carmelita Street around 1:30 Friday morning, when he noticed a car with its lights flashing and alarm sounding across the street from 'Punta Gorda Buy Here Pay Here.'
The deputy found two cars with damaged ignitions, one with a broken lock and two missing in the 'Buy Here Pay Here' lot.
Deputies arrested a 14-year-old, and 23-year-old Johnny Tillman, both of Fort Myers. The juvenile faces 3 counts of grand theft and 2 of burglary to a conveyance. He was booked into the Charlotte County jail and then released to his mother.
The sheriff's office says Tillman is charged with three felony counts of grand theft and one of burglary to a conveyance.
Deputies say survelliance video shows the two pulling into the parking lot, followed by three men in another car. They say the five men left in the two stolen cars. Detectives are still looking for the other three men.
When the suspects tried to get away from the deputies in one of the stolen cars, the K-9 tracked them down.
If you have any information, call the sheriff's office at 941-639-2101.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students