|Published:||Dec 29, 2012 2:51 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 29, 2012 3:38 PM EST|
On Friday evening (December 28th) the Cape Coral Police SWAT Team served a search warrant at 2209 NE 6th Avenue. Detectives developed information that firearms stolen from a home in North Fort Myers days ago were being stored at this location. Inside the home, Detectives discovered multiple assault rifles as well as narcotics and paraphernalia.
The firearms and narcotics were seized. The Cape Coral Police Department is currently working with the Lee County Sheriff's Office to locate additional suspects developed from this investigation. These suspects are believed to be in Lee County. The names of those arrested as well as those being sought are not being released at this time as to not jeopardize the investigation.
"Getting dangerous weapons out of the hands of violent criminals is a top priority of Southwest Florida Law Enforcement. Our agencies are working hard at this moment to do just that and keep this community safe"-Lieutenant Tony Sizemore.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans