|Published:||Dec 29, 2012 2:51 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 29, 2012 3:38 PM EST|
On Friday evening (December 28th) the Cape Coral Police SWAT Team served a search warrant at 2209 NE 6th Avenue. Detectives developed information that firearms stolen from a home in North Fort Myers days ago were being stored at this location. Inside the home, Detectives discovered multiple assault rifles as well as narcotics and paraphernalia.
The firearms and narcotics were seized. The Cape Coral Police Department is currently working with the Lee County Sheriff's Office to locate additional suspects developed from this investigation. These suspects are believed to be in Lee County. The names of those arrested as well as those being sought are not being released at this time as to not jeopardize the investigation.
"Getting dangerous weapons out of the hands of violent criminals is a top priority of Southwest Florida Law Enforcement. Our agencies are working hard at this moment to do just that and keep this community safe"-Lieutenant Tony Sizemore.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break