|Published:||Dec 29, 2012 7:56 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 29, 2012 9:20 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers is asking for the public’s help on what has now been determined to be a homicide in Lehigh Acres.
In the early evening hours of Christmas Eve, Monday, December 24, a passer by in the area of Hedgewood Street and Meadow Road in Lehigh discovered what he thought was human remains. Since nightfall was approaching, the man decided to come back in the morning to see if what he was seeing was indeed human.
Upon his discovery on Christmas morning, he immediately contacted the Lee County Sheriff’s Office. This evening, the man has been positively identified as Gregory Cameo Mathews, DOB 9/18/86, and his death has been ruled a homicide.
No additional information on the murder is available at this time. Mathews was known to friends as “Bam,” and investigators are hopeful the public can provide insight as to the events leading up to Mathews’ murder.
Anyone with information on the murder of Gregory Mathews is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous and will be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org or by texting information to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.