|Published:||Dec 29, 2012 7:56 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 29, 2012 9:20 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers is asking for the public’s help on what has now been determined to be a homicide in Lehigh Acres.
In the early evening hours of Christmas Eve, Monday, December 24, a passer by in the area of Hedgewood Street and Meadow Road in Lehigh discovered what he thought was human remains. Since nightfall was approaching, the man decided to come back in the morning to see if what he was seeing was indeed human.
Upon his discovery on Christmas morning, he immediately contacted the Lee County Sheriff’s Office. This evening, the man has been positively identified as Gregory Cameo Mathews, DOB 9/18/86, and his death has been ruled a homicide.
No additional information on the murder is available at this time. Mathews was known to friends as “Bam,” and investigators are hopeful the public can provide insight as to the events leading up to Mathews’ murder.
Anyone with information on the murder of Gregory Mathews is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous and will be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org or by texting information to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes
- Officials: Up to 20 whales moved to deeper water