|Published:||Dec 29, 2012 1:00 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 29, 2012 8:27 AM EST|
Punta Gorda, FLA. - Allegiant flight 959, en-route from South Bend, Ind. to Punta Gorda, Fla. arrived safely around 4 a.m. Saturday, after it made an emergency landing at Fort Wayne International Airport (FWA). Pilots spotted a fire indicator light from the cargo hold area. An inspection later determined there was no fire on board.
The aircraft landed at FWA at approximately 1:24 pm local time, and all passengers and crew were safely evacuated from the aircraft via the emergency slides. Reports indicate that there were no injuries.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students