|Published:||Dec 27, 2012 10:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 27, 2012 10:23 AM EST|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a pregnant woman died in a motorcycle crash near Bradenton.
FHP says 18-year-old Shaneice Porter was approaching an intersection late Wednesday when her motorcycle struck a curb and she lost control of the vehicle. Porter was thrown from the motorcycle and struck a stop sign. The motorcycle continued rolling along the road before overturning.
According to troopers, Porter was eight months pregnant.
Porter and her unborn child died a short time later at Blake Medical Center.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect