BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a pregnant woman died in a motorcycle crash near Bradenton.
FHP says 18-year-old Shaneice Porter was approaching an intersection late Wednesday when her motorcycle struck a curb and she lost control of the vehicle. Porter was thrown from the motorcycle and struck a stop sign. The motorcycle continued rolling along the road before overturning.
According to troopers, Porter was eight months pregnant.
Porter and her unborn child died a short time later at Blake Medical Center.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs
- Rev up your lawnmowers for grasscar racing