|Published:||Dec 27, 2012 6:19 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 27, 2012 10:12 AM EST|
RIVERVIEW, Fla. (AP) - Tampa Bay area deputies are searching for the Grinch who stole hundreds of pieces of mail from boxes in a suburban Hillsborough County neighborhood.
The letters, holiday cards and flyers were removed from the mailboxes either late Monday or early Christmas morning at three Riverview-area subdivisions and elsewhere. Some of the mail was opened.
Much of it was dumped on area streets and lawns.
In one case, mail from one home was stuffed into a neighbor's mailbox. In other cases, mail from one subdivision was dumped on the ground in a different subdivision.
Investigators aren't sure if a thief or thieves kept anything or what their motive might be. They have not yet ruled out the possibility that it was a mean holiday prank.
- Snitch Stoppers 239 founder arrested on drug charges
- SB I-75 reopens after dump truck hit overpass
- Naples man claims coworker set him on fire
- Lehigh double murder suspect who fled will return to SWFL
- Fire breaks out at home where search warrant was served
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Surveillance camera catches Citgo robbery suspect in the act
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.
- iGeneration Charter School in Immokalee shuts down