|Published:||Dec 26, 2012 5:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 26, 2012 5:08 PM EST|
SARSOTA COUNTY, Fla.- A crash on southbound I-75 at mile marker 186 in Sarasota left traffic backed up for hours Wednesday afternoon. The accident happened at 2:10 p.m. and involved a semi-truck.
The tractor-trailer was traveling south on I-75, when traffic slowed ahead of the truck for a previous fatality at mile marker 173. The driver of the truck said another vehicle cut him off. He says he then hit the brakes and attempted an evasive maneuver, but traveled off of the roadway and jack-knifed on the west shoulder of I-75.
The driver was not injured.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples