|Published:||Dec 26, 2012 3:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 26, 2012 4:49 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Collier County Sheriff's Office said 47-year-old Ricardo Trejo was driving a pick up truck at a Hess gas station at Airport Pulling Road and Davis Boulevard on Tuesday night, when the truck crashed into a Collier County EMS unit. Inside the ambulance was a corporal with the Sheriff's Office.
The arrest report said Corporal Chapman was standing in the doorway of the ambulance when the pick up truck backed into it. The force sent Chapman into the ambulance and then Trejo began to drive away. Chapman was able to stop him. When deputies arrived, Trejo told them he was coming from a friends house and initially denied doing any field sobriety tests. He was arrested on three misdemeanor DUI charges.
A couple hours after the accident, when he was finally breathilized at the jail, Trejo blew a blood alcohol level of .259 and then a little later, .242. The legal limit is .08. Trejo was also arrested for DUI in 2011 in Texas.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann