|Published:||Dec 26, 2012 3:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 26, 2012 4:49 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Collier County Sheriff's Office said 47-year-old Ricardo Trejo was driving a pick up truck at a Hess gas station at Airport Pulling Road and Davis Boulevard on Tuesday night, when the truck crashed into a Collier County EMS unit. Inside the ambulance was a corporal with the Sheriff's Office.
The arrest report said Corporal Chapman was standing in the doorway of the ambulance when the pick up truck backed into it. The force sent Chapman into the ambulance and then Trejo began to drive away. Chapman was able to stop him. When deputies arrived, Trejo told them he was coming from a friends house and initially denied doing any field sobriety tests. He was arrested on three misdemeanor DUI charges.
A couple hours after the accident, when he was finally breathilized at the jail, Trejo blew a blood alcohol level of .259 and then a little later, .242. The legal limit is .08. Trejo was also arrested for DUI in 2011 in Texas.
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Communications satellite launched into space