|Published:||Dec 26, 2012 3:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 26, 2012 4:49 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Collier County Sheriff's Office said 47-year-old Ricardo Trejo was driving a pick up truck at a Hess gas station at Airport Pulling Road and Davis Boulevard on Tuesday night, when the truck crashed into a Collier County EMS unit. Inside the ambulance was a corporal with the Sheriff's Office.
The arrest report said Corporal Chapman was standing in the doorway of the ambulance when the pick up truck backed into it. The force sent Chapman into the ambulance and then Trejo began to drive away. Chapman was able to stop him. When deputies arrived, Trejo told them he was coming from a friends house and initially denied doing any field sobriety tests. He was arrested on three misdemeanor DUI charges.
A couple hours after the accident, when he was finally breathilized at the jail, Trejo blew a blood alcohol level of .259 and then a little later, .242. The legal limit is .08. Trejo was also arrested for DUI in 2011 in Texas.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776