|Published:||Dec 26, 2012 10:59 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 26, 2012 10:59 AM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a suspect walked into an Orlando restaurant on Christmas, tried to grab money from a customer's hand and then stabbed the person multiple times with a butcher knife.
Jerry Tyson was charged with second degree murder and robbery after Orlando Police say he walked into McDonald's on Tuesday night and tried to steal cash from the victim.
Tyson allegedly fled the restaurant, tossed the knife and ran into some nearby woods. A witness tried to stop Tyson by running into him with his car but was unsuccessful. A K-9 dog tracked Tyson into the woods and found him hiding under a tree. The dog bit Tyson's leg.
The victim, who was not identified, died at the hospital.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend