FORT MYERS, Fla. -Christmas has now come and gone, but the season of giving continues. Stores are giving shoppers all kinds of deals, most of us just can't pass up.
With another Christmas in the books, retailers are hoping shoppers will take advantage of the post holiday deals.
"A lot of promotions going on right now. The after the holiday sales people are taking advantage of," says Marketing Director of Edison Mall, Sarah Berthold.
Today, people like Rochelle Kreller are flocking to the mall to make a bargain hunter's dreams come true.
"I'm just actually using gift cards for myself today," said Kreller.
Kreller has come for the "huge" sales, sales comparable to the Black Friday frenzy.
"There's good sales out there. A lot of discounts for already marked off clearance items," Kreller explained.
According to the National Retail Federation, the holiday season is responsible for 20 to 40 percent of retailers' income. Experts say, sales could hit right above 4 percent, which translates to about $586 billion.
It's sales like today that make shoppers like Kreller happy Christmas is over.
"There is a lot of good deals going on and everything, so it is worth the fight."
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs