|Published:||Dec 25, 2012 6:17 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 26, 2012 4:52 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office continues to investigate a shooting that took place on Charleston Park Drive at 5:15 p.m. on Tuesday.
The victim, later identified as 22-year-old Eddie Saez, was found suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, laying in the basketball court parking lot. He was transported by helicopter to Lee Memorial Hospital.
One witness told deputies two groups began arguing and shots were fired, but he could not identify the initial shooter. Deputies say that although there was a large scene, no other witnesses were willing to explain what happened. The shooter, or shooters, fled the scene.
Deputies say several vehicles in the parking lot had been struck by bullets.
Saez' condition is unknown.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash