|Published:||Dec 25, 2012 6:17 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 26, 2012 4:52 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office continues to investigate a shooting that took place on Charleston Park Drive at 5:15 p.m. on Tuesday.
The victim, later identified as 22-year-old Eddie Saez, was found suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, laying in the basketball court parking lot. He was transported by helicopter to Lee Memorial Hospital.
One witness told deputies two groups began arguing and shots were fired, but he could not identify the initial shooter. Deputies say that although there was a large scene, no other witnesses were willing to explain what happened. The shooter, or shooters, fled the scene.
Deputies say several vehicles in the parking lot had been struck by bullets.
Saez' condition is unknown.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart