Published: Dec 24, 2012 10:30 AM EST
Updated: Dec 24, 2012 9:16 PM EST

FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. - Cell phone video caught flames rising through the roof of a condominium complex in Fort Myers Beach Monday morning. Crews on the scene say the fire was an accident that started in a second floor unit and quickly spread.

Four people were displaced Christmas Eve after a fire heavily damaged their homes at Sportsman's Cove. Flames were shooting out of this building when firefighters arrived just before 8a.m.

Arlene Tucker was sitting in her living room when she heard a bang at her door.

"The fire department woman was there and she said 'get out, get out right now!' So I got out like I was told. Without a purse. Without anything," she said.

Once the fire was out, crews escorted residents back into their units to collect some of their belongings.

"It's always a bad thing, a disaster. But something about it happening at Christmas just adds another dimension to it," said John Cain with the Red Cross.

Four units in the complex were badly damaged. Fire officials say the blaze was electrical and started in a unit on the second floor, sparked because of a faulty bathroom ceiling fan.

"We offered to put people up for a few nights in they did not have a place to stay and also helped with food grocery, clothing," said Cain.

But all of the displaced residents like Tucker said they had places to go until the building is safe for their return.

The unit where the fire originated was occupied at the time, but no injuries were reported. Firefighters say the fire caused $220,000 dollars in damages.