|Published:||Dec 24, 2012 11:33 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 24, 2012 1:00 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Two missing boaters have been found safe. The men went out yesterday, but didn't return.
Authorities searched the Pine Island area Monday morning for them.
The boaters were found near Mohawk Veterans Memorial Reef. They were found about 40 miles from where they took off at Pineland Marina. Their boat had a dead battery. A commercial fisherman spotted them and called for help.
The Coast Guard sent out a C-130 airplane, which spotted the boat. That's when the Coast Guard boat was dispatched.
The boaters will be back on dry land this evening.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Bill would make drug testing for candidates manditory