LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Two missing boaters have been found safe. The men went out yesterday, but didn't return.
Authorities searched the Pine Island area Monday morning for them.
The boaters were found near Mohawk Veterans Memorial Reef. They were found about 40 miles from where they took off at Pineland Marina. Their boat had a dead battery. A commercial fisherman spotted them and called for help.
The Coast Guard sent out a C-130 airplane, which spotted the boat. That's when the Coast Guard boat was dispatched.
The boaters will be back on dry land this evening.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Fla. gov. vetoes nearly $400 million from budget