|Published:||Dec 24, 2012 11:33 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 24, 2012 1:00 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Two missing boaters have been found safe. The men went out yesterday, but didn't return.
Authorities searched the Pine Island area Monday morning for them.
The boaters were found near Mohawk Veterans Memorial Reef. They were found about 40 miles from where they took off at Pineland Marina. Their boat had a dead battery. A commercial fisherman spotted them and called for help.
The Coast Guard sent out a C-130 airplane, which spotted the boat. That's when the Coast Guard boat was dispatched.
The boaters will be back on dry land this evening.
- Deputies arrest youth football coach on drug charges
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- Charlotte County roofer gets help for dog with a broken leg
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity to visit Ft. Myers
- Driver dies after crashing into Cape Coral home
- Cape Coral man accused of killing wife appears in court
- Teen, 15, found hanging in north Florida
- Good Samaritans return envelope with $1,500
- Yankee Candle recalls product due to risk of fire