|Published:||Dec 23, 2012 9:55 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 23, 2012 9:55 AM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- Firefighters at the Bonita Springs Fire Department offered tips to keep you and your family safe during the holidays.
Firefighters say you should stay a few feet away from flames, and don't leave candles unattended.
Also, make sure you follow directions properly when putting your childrens' toy together, and be careful of small pieces that can cause a chocking hazard.
Firefighters offered other tips on everything from plugging in lights, to preventing your tree from catching on fire.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing