|Published:||Dec 22, 2012 9:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 22, 2012 9:08 AM EST|
One family is making sure Christmas comes to those in need this year.
Today, the Castillo's will serve over 300 families, but by Christmas over 700 will be helped.
Each family will get a hot meal and kids will get presents for underneath the tree.
Beginning at 10 a.m., the Betel Church at 615 Marsh Avenue will open their doors for the early Christmas celebration, and all are welcome.
The Castillo's run San Martin De Porres, a food bank in Fort Myers.
Seven weeks ago, the food bank was forced to close it's doors because the building was in bad conditon, but they continue to help.
They turned their home into a food bank and stand on the street corners feeding the homeless.
To help today and throughout the rest of the year or if you are in need of help, call Fernando Castillo at 239-333-9826.
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- Hillsborough County approves incentives for Amazon
- New home industry really coming back?