|Published:||Dec 22, 2012 11:15 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 22, 2012 11:15 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A cruise ship headed to the Bahamas had to return to port in central Florida after a young child was injured in a fall aboard ship.
Royal Caribbean officials say a 14-month-old from India fell Friday aboard the Monarch of the Seas. The ship left Port Canaveral on Friday for a Bahamas cruise.
Cruise line officials say the child initially received medical treatment on board the ship but needed to be hospitalized. The ship turned around and returned to Florida, where the child was taken to a hospital.
No additional information about the child's injuries was released.
Royal Caribbean officials say Monarch of the Seas is sailing a three-night itinerary to CocoCay and Nassau, Bahamas.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Communications satellite launched into space
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected