|Published:||Dec 22, 2012 11:15 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 22, 2012 11:15 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A cruise ship headed to the Bahamas had to return to port in central Florida after a young child was injured in a fall aboard ship.
Royal Caribbean officials say a 14-month-old from India fell Friday aboard the Monarch of the Seas. The ship left Port Canaveral on Friday for a Bahamas cruise.
Cruise line officials say the child initially received medical treatment on board the ship but needed to be hospitalized. The ship turned around and returned to Florida, where the child was taken to a hospital.
No additional information about the child's injuries was released.
Royal Caribbean officials say Monarch of the Seas is sailing a three-night itinerary to CocoCay and Nassau, Bahamas.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776