|Published:||Dec 21, 2012 2:54 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 21, 2012 2:54 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla.- St. Matthew’s House opens its doors tonight, December 21, for anyone who needs a warm place to sleep. Doors at both 2001 Airport Rd and the Immokalee Friendship House will open at 8:00 P.M., and guests may stay until 5:30 A.M. SMH expects a large number of people this evening seeking shelter, as temperatures are expected to dip into the 40’s. Donations of blankets and warm clothing such as jackets, socks and sweaters are needed, and greatly appreciated. SMH is an official Collier County cold weather shelter.
The shelter is also hosting its Candlelight Vigil tonight from 6:30 pm. – 7:30 pm, to honor those who died in the past year without a home. The vigil is open to the public and takes place in the St. Matthew’s House Courtyard at 2001 Airport Rd, South in Naples, FL.
The mission of St. Matthew’s House is to change lives in a spiritual environment that is both compassionate and disciplined, as well as provide housing for the homeless and food for the needy.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record
- Flight diverted with landing gear light on