|Published:||Dec 21, 2012 10:13 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 21, 2012 10:13 AM EST|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - A pedestrian struck by a Bradenton police cruiser is being treated in the hospital for serious injuries.
A Florida Highway Patrol report says 29-year-old Ryan White was taken to the hospital early Friday morning after the crash. The officer in the patrol car was not injured.
The report says White had been involved in a previous crash that was blocking a lane. As the officer steered right, the front part of the cruiser struck White. The car stopped in the median.
White was taken to Blake Medical Center in Bradenton.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting