|Published:||Dec 21, 2012 10:13 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 21, 2012 10:13 AM EST|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - A pedestrian struck by a Bradenton police cruiser is being treated in the hospital for serious injuries.
A Florida Highway Patrol report says 29-year-old Ryan White was taken to the hospital early Friday morning after the crash. The officer in the patrol car was not injured.
The report says White had been involved in a previous crash that was blocking a lane. As the officer steered right, the front part of the cruiser struck White. The car stopped in the median.
White was taken to Blake Medical Center in Bradenton.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve