|Published:||Dec 21, 2012 10:41 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 21, 2012 10:41 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Fort Myers woman was sentenced on Thursday, after her toddler died in a car crash while not restrained in a child safety seat earlier this year.
The accident happened in February, when Monique Daghra placed her 2-year-old daughter, Eva, in the front seat of her car unrestrained. Daghra was later involved in a minor rear-end crash on Fowler Street and two-year old Eva was struck by air bag and later died from internal injuries.
Daghra accepted a plea of Aggravated Neglect of a Child and sentenced to 10 years of probation and various drug and mental health screenings.
The Fort Myers Police Department would like to remind parents of the importance of properly using child safety seats. For more information on child safety seat events and inspection stations in your area you can visit www.safekids.org.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted