|Published:||Dec 21, 2012 10:41 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 21, 2012 10:41 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Fort Myers woman was sentenced on Thursday, after her toddler died in a car crash while not restrained in a child safety seat earlier this year.
The accident happened in February, when Monique Daghra placed her 2-year-old daughter, Eva, in the front seat of her car unrestrained. Daghra was later involved in a minor rear-end crash on Fowler Street and two-year old Eva was struck by air bag and later died from internal injuries.
Daghra accepted a plea of Aggravated Neglect of a Child and sentenced to 10 years of probation and various drug and mental health screenings.
The Fort Myers Police Department would like to remind parents of the importance of properly using child safety seats. For more information on child safety seat events and inspection stations in your area you can visit www.safekids.org.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud