|Published:||Dec 21, 2012 10:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 21, 2012 10:11 AM EST|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A man hunting coyotes near Gainesville is being treated at the hospital after a shooting accident.
A Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission report says 61-year-old Norberto Mondilio Quinones-Caseres was airlifted to Shands Hospital in Gainesville on Tuesday. He told wildlife officials he was climbing over a fence when his gun discharged and a bullet hit him in the abdomen.
An update on his condition has not been released.
Wildlife officials say Quinones-Caseres is from the town of Fort White in Columbia County. He was alert when Sheriff's Office deputies responded to the scene. He told them he was hunting coyotes.
Authorities continue to investigate the accident.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges