FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police say a suspect used a business owner's firearm against him and got away with cash.
On Thursday at approximately 2:30 p.m., the Fort Myers Police Department responded to Motor Sports, on Winkler Avenue, in reference to a robbery to the business.
The business owner stated a known customer had arrived at his business by car, accompanied by an unknown male suspect. The customer entered the business to purchase a scooter along with the suspect. The business owner opened up the cash drawer and began to take money from the customer. The suspect reached behind the counter and grabbed the business owner’s firearm. The suspect pointed the firearm at the business owner and demanded all the money from the register.
The suspect then stole one of the scooters on display and fled the scene.
Responding units from the Fort Myers Police Department and the Lee County Sheriff’s Office responded to conduct a search of the area, but the suspect was not located.
The suspect is described as black male about 25 years old, approximately 5’6” with medium length dreadlocks. The suspect was wearing dark colored pants and a green t-shirt with a photograph on the front.
Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD..
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Standing room only at 2013 Hurricane Expo
- Start your engines!
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th