|Published:||Dec 21, 2012 12:34 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 21, 2012 12:34 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police say a suspect used a business owner's firearm against him and got away with cash.
On Thursday at approximately 2:30 p.m., the Fort Myers Police Department responded to Motor Sports, on Winkler Avenue, in reference to a robbery to the business.
The business owner stated a known customer had arrived at his business by car, accompanied by an unknown male suspect. The customer entered the business to purchase a scooter along with the suspect. The business owner opened up the cash drawer and began to take money from the customer. The suspect reached behind the counter and grabbed the business owner’s firearm. The suspect pointed the firearm at the business owner and demanded all the money from the register.
The suspect then stole one of the scooters on display and fled the scene.
Responding units from the Fort Myers Police Department and the Lee County Sheriff’s Office responded to conduct a search of the area, but the suspect was not located.
The suspect is described as black male about 25 years old, approximately 5’6” with medium length dreadlocks. The suspect was wearing dark colored pants and a green t-shirt with a photograph on the front.
Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD..
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41