|Published:||Dec 20, 2012 5:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 20, 2012 7:03 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fl. - A thief sets his sights on food, electronics and Christmas presents! Staff members at Dunbar Christian Preschool say their building was burglarized early Tuesday morning.
The school is now taking extra security measures to make sure their kids and their belongings stay safe.
Hundreds of dollars worth of canned goods, a radio and worst of all Christmas presents meant for the Dunbar Christian Preschool's gift exchange.
"I call all my students my babies. They took from my babies. Like I said thats the heart wrenching part about it," says Tresa Robinson.
School director Tresa Robinson says, the burglary happened Tuesday morning. That's when she got a frightening phonecall from one of her staff right before kids started coming in for the day.
"It was very scary because, immediately you think about your children... why, who did it, is the person coming back, are they hiding somewhere watching because you just don't know," she adds.
Police reports say the suspect entered through an unlocked door. Officers were able to lift prints from the door and Robinson says, she thinks she knows who they belong to.
Now, the staff here is taking extra precautions. Doublechecking doors are locked and leaving lights on at night. They're also planning to install survielliance cameras to make sure this doesn't happen again.
"Thank God it was before hours, nobody was hurt... you're taking from children, and it's wrong," Robinson adds.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating