|Published:||Dec 20, 2012 5:13 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 20, 2012 5:17 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fl. - Santa Claus made a stop in Charlotte County Thursday for the 14th annual fire and rescue pancake breakfast.
The crew served hundreds of people pancakes and sausage. They used about 40 pounds of pancake batter for the event!
Children got to sit with Santa Claus and take home a stuffed animal.
"People donate stuffed animals and things like that and we said what are we going to do with all these things? And so we thought, lets do something for the kids it was great, it was nice to them come out and help the community" says Chief Dennis Didio.
Froday, the department will serve hundreds more at their breakfast in Deep Creek.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent