|Published:||Dec 20, 2012 2:51 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 20, 2012 5:08 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla - The Sackett Family of San Carlos Park in Lee County got an early holiday surprise. Builders Care and one of its contractors, Roof Smart, showed up Thursday to give the family a new roof.
The family has faced numerous health and financial problems in recent years and couldn't afford to make the repairs on their own. That's when Builders Care stepped in.
The Lee Building Industry Association founded Builders Care in 2005 to provide no-cost emergency home repair and renovation services to needy elderly, disabled and economically disadvantaged homeowners.
These projects are possible thanks to the donated services and expertise of Lee BIA members.
Recipients are referred to Builders Care by local social service agencies, churches and community members. Each case is carefully evaluated by Builders Care staff and governing board members to determine eligibility.
Mike Sackett has been praying for help and is grateful to have this one worry, lifted off his shoulders.
Sackett says, "We prayed and I know God heard us, and they listened when he talked to them, so hallelujah and thank God for that."
To learn more about Builders Care, to make a donation or to donate your services:
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man