|Published:||Dec 20, 2012 2:51 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 20, 2012 5:08 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla - The Sackett Family of San Carlos Park in Lee County got an early holiday surprise. Builders Care and one of its contractors, Roof Smart, showed up Thursday to give the family a new roof.
The family has faced numerous health and financial problems in recent years and couldn't afford to make the repairs on their own. That's when Builders Care stepped in.
The Lee Building Industry Association founded Builders Care in 2005 to provide no-cost emergency home repair and renovation services to needy elderly, disabled and economically disadvantaged homeowners.
These projects are possible thanks to the donated services and expertise of Lee BIA members.
Recipients are referred to Builders Care by local social service agencies, churches and community members. Each case is carefully evaluated by Builders Care staff and governing board members to determine eligibility.
Mike Sackett has been praying for help and is grateful to have this one worry, lifted off his shoulders.
Sackett says, "We prayed and I know God heard us, and they listened when he talked to them, so hallelujah and thank God for that."
To learn more about Builders Care, to make a donation or to donate your services:
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating