|Published:||Dec 20, 2012 11:10 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 20, 2012 11:10 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - A jailhouse informant says she was abused by fellow inmates and corrections officers after reporting that a missing Florida foster child's caretaker had confessed to the murder.
Robin Lunceford testified Thursday one officer hit her in the head with a radio and another caused her to fall by stepping on her shackles. Lunceford says she suffered similar abuse by inmates who accused her of snitching.
Lunceford says 66-year-old Geralyn Graham told her while both were in jail that she smothered 4-year-old Rilya Wilson girl with a pillow because Rilya was evil and mentally troubled.
Graham faces life in prison if convicted of killing Rilya, whose body has never been found. Graham claims a state welfare worker took the girl and never returned her. Police say that is false.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Sen. Rubio getting poor marks
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- State Fire Marshal investigates possible attempted arson