|Published:||Dec 19, 2012 5:18 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 20, 2012 11:41 PM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal accident that happened just after 5:00 p.m. Wednesday on Bonita Beach Rd. It happened near Michigan St.
Troopers say 57-year-old Leonard Ratz, driving a red car, tried to take a left turn off Bonita Beach Road onto Michigan Street when his car collided with a white minivan. Troopers say, Ratz wasn't wearing a seat belt and was thrown through the windshield. He died on the scene.
The driver in the van, 31-year0old Huan Huan Li, sustained only minor injuries.
Bonita Beach Rd. was closed for a couple hours while troopers investigated.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected