|Published:||Dec 19, 2012 12:11 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 19, 2012 12:11 PM EST|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - More than 200 layaway orders at Toys R Us stores in Florida have been paid off by some anonymous holiday helpers.
The company said Wednesday that these anonymous Good Samaritans paid the outstanding layaway balances for people in Orlando, Tallahassee, Clearwater, Naples and Palm Beach Gardens.
Several hundred other layaway accounts at Toys R Us across the country also have been paid.
Toys R Us spokeswoman Katie Reczek says the average value of a layaway order is about $200.
For each layaway balance paid off, Toys R Us is donating $200 worth of toys to the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, up to $1 million worth of merchandise.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes