|Published:||Dec 19, 2012 12:11 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 19, 2012 12:11 PM EST|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - More than 200 layaway orders at Toys R Us stores in Florida have been paid off by some anonymous holiday helpers.
The company said Wednesday that these anonymous Good Samaritans paid the outstanding layaway balances for people in Orlando, Tallahassee, Clearwater, Naples and Palm Beach Gardens.
Several hundred other layaway accounts at Toys R Us across the country also have been paid.
Toys R Us spokeswoman Katie Reczek says the average value of a layaway order is about $200.
For each layaway balance paid off, Toys R Us is donating $200 worth of toys to the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, up to $1 million worth of merchandise.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral