|Published:||Dec 18, 2012 5:57 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 18, 2012 6:02 AM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The mayor of Orange County wants to add deputies to elementary schools.
Mayor Teresa Jacobs on Monday proposed adding a deputy to serve as a school resource officer to each of the 60 elementary schools in unincorporated Orange County.
Orange County middle and high schools already have school resource officers on campus.
The cost of assigning deputies to the elementary schools would be between $2 million and $3 million for the remainder of the school year.
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge