|Published:||Dec 18, 2012 11:48 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 18, 2012 11:50 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.-Lee County authorities arrested a man for raping a 13-year-old girl. Lusvin Sanchez-Hernandez faces sexual assault charges.
Investigators say he befriended the victim on Facebook, picked her up and took her to the library. Reports reveal the two started making out and when she wanted to stop, Sanchez-Hernandez forced sex on the girl.
The Children's Advocacy Center says this case serves as a good reminder for parents to monitor their kids online activity.
"iPods and iPads and all kinds of portable devices that it is even more important to monitor what the kids are doing because with the mobility of the electronics now," said Pauline Wieand.
Experts say parents should set up web restrictions and passwords on electronics devices. And make sure you keep your computer in a central location at home so you can watch their online activity.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified