|Published:||Dec 18, 2012 11:48 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 18, 2012 11:50 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.-Lee County authorities arrested a man for raping a 13-year-old girl. Lusvin Sanchez-Hernandez faces sexual assault charges.
Investigators say he befriended the victim on Facebook, picked her up and took her to the library. Reports reveal the two started making out and when she wanted to stop, Sanchez-Hernandez forced sex on the girl.
The Children's Advocacy Center says this case serves as a good reminder for parents to monitor their kids online activity.
"iPods and iPads and all kinds of portable devices that it is even more important to monitor what the kids are doing because with the mobility of the electronics now," said Pauline Wieand.
Experts say parents should set up web restrictions and passwords on electronics devices. And make sure you keep your computer in a central location at home so you can watch their online activity.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption