|Published:||Dec 18, 2012 2:43 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 18, 2012 2:43 PM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Floridians who voted in an online poll favor a new license plate design that features an orange forming the "O'' in Florida.
State motor vehicle officials announced the winning design on Tuesday.
The body of the flat tag is white with black numbers. The word "Florida" is in white lettering on a green stripe across the top. Another green stripe at the bottom has the words "Sunshine State."
The design, however, still needs approval from Gov. Rick Scott and the Florida Cabinet before it can go into production.
The department wants to replace existing plates that are difficult for red light and toll booth cameras to read. That's because they have raised numbers and an image of oranges and orange blossoms in the middle of each tag.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- SB I-75 reopens after dump truck hit overpass
- Snitch Stoppers 239 founder arrested on drug charges
- Lehigh double murder suspect who fled will return to SWFL
- Fire breaks out at home where search warrant was served
- Police: Driver hits biker, drives with him on car
- Surveillance camera catches Citgo robbery suspect in the act
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Naples Botanical Garden Night Lights kicks off tonight
- Naples man claims coworker set him on fire