|Published:||Dec 18, 2012 11:58 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 18, 2012 11:58 PM EST|
Lee County, Fla. -- A Lee County Commissioner is trying to convince a Tampa-based operation, to bid for the county's air ambulance service.
Frank Mann had a private meeting today with an Aero-med official.
The medical helicopter program is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital and currently provides backup service in Lee County.
Mann believes Aero-med would be the least expensive way to replace Medstar.
Officials for Aero-med have already said they don't want to be a permanent service here.
The bid deadline is this Friday.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man surrenders after lengthy situation in St. James City
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- FMB holds election for Town Council members