|Published:||Dec 18, 2012 11:58 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 18, 2012 11:58 PM EST|
Lee County, Fla. -- A Lee County Commissioner is trying to convince a Tampa-based operation, to bid for the county's air ambulance service.
Frank Mann had a private meeting today with an Aero-med official.
The medical helicopter program is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital and currently provides backup service in Lee County.
Mann believes Aero-med would be the least expensive way to replace Medstar.
Officials for Aero-med have already said they don't want to be a permanent service here.
The bid deadline is this Friday.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents