APALACHICOLA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have charged a Florida Panhandle woman in the death of her mother, whose body was found on an isolated beach.
The Franklin County Sheriff's Office arrested Sandra Anne Loudermilk-Conkel on Saturday on a charge of first-degree murder. She was being held Monday without bond. Jail records did not show whether she had an attorney.
Loudermilk-Conkel's mother was found dead Wednesday on a beach about 10 miles west of Apalachicola. The cause of death has not been released. Autopsy results are pending.
Undersheriff Joel Norred tells The News Herald (http://bit.ly/T3JY5z ) that investigators believe Loudermilk-Conkel acted alone.
Information from: The (Panama City, Fla.) News Herald, http://www.newsherald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs
- Rev up your lawnmowers for grasscar racing