|Published:||Dec 17, 2012 10:44 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 17, 2012 10:44 AM EST|
MACCLENNY, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a north Florida woman has died after falling from an all-terrain vehicle driven by her husband.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, James Allen Treece of Macclenny over-corrected Saturday night as he was driving around a curve in a rural Hamilton County road.
Authorities say Courtney Brooke Treece fell from the vehicle and struck her head on the road. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Troopers tell The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/VLmL5r) the accident is still under investigation. According to an FHP report, neither of the Treeces was wearing a seat belt or a helmet.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause