|Published:||Dec 17, 2012 10:44 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 17, 2012 10:44 AM EST|
MACCLENNY, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a north Florida woman has died after falling from an all-terrain vehicle driven by her husband.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, James Allen Treece of Macclenny over-corrected Saturday night as he was driving around a curve in a rural Hamilton County road.
Authorities say Courtney Brooke Treece fell from the vehicle and struck her head on the road. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Troopers tell The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/VLmL5r) the accident is still under investigation. According to an FHP report, neither of the Treeces was wearing a seat belt or a helmet.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges