|Published:||Dec 17, 2012 10:44 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 17, 2012 10:44 AM EST|
MACCLENNY, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a north Florida woman has died after falling from an all-terrain vehicle driven by her husband.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, James Allen Treece of Macclenny over-corrected Saturday night as he was driving around a curve in a rural Hamilton County road.
Authorities say Courtney Brooke Treece fell from the vehicle and struck her head on the road. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Troopers tell The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/VLmL5r) the accident is still under investigation. According to an FHP report, neither of the Treeces was wearing a seat belt or a helmet.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys