|Published:||Dec 17, 2012 11:12 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 17, 2012 12:20 PM EST|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - Clearwater Police have arrested a man who allegedly assaulted a parking officer over a ticket.
Authorities say 37-year-old Son T. Uong of Clearwater also had weapons and hundreds of rounds of ammunition in his car.
Officials say Uong had a fully loaded handgun in his pocket. Police say they also discovered an assault rifle, another handgun and more than 300 rounds of rounds of rifle and pistol ammunition in his trunk.
Uong was charged with battery of parking enforcement officer, carrying a concealed firearm and felon in possession of a firearm. He was being held Monday at the Pinellas County Jail. It wasn't clear if he had retained an attorney.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes