|Published:||Dec 17, 2012 8:25 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 17, 2012 10:46 AM EST|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say sheriff's deputies have shot and killed a Tampa Bay-area man who confronted them with a shotgun.
According to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, Danny Meredith's wife notified authorities after finding a threatening note Sunday afternoon on the front door of the couple's Clearwater home. The couple had been arguing earlier in the day.
According to the sheriff's office, the note said anyone coming to the home would be shot and killed.
Deputies went to the house to check on Meredith. According to the sheriff's office, Meredith was naked when he opened the door but confronted the deputies with a shotgun, pointing the weapon at them. Two deputies then shot and killed Meredith.
The sheriff's office says both deputies will be placed on routine administrative leave.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space