|Published:||Dec 17, 2012 2:13 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 17, 2012 2:13 PM EST|
VALDOSTA, Ga. (AP) - A federal judge is sending three siblings involved in a cross-country crime spree to jail for more than 35 years.
Senior Judge Hugh Lawson sentenced Ryan Dougherty, Lee Grace Dougherty and Dylan Dougherty Stanley to identical sentences for their role in the robbery of a South Georgia bank. Their spree began in Florida and ended in a shootout in Colorado.
Lawson said it was a miracle that no one was killed.
Ryan Dougherty protested the judge's decision and called it rash.
Lawson sentenced each of the siblings to 35 years and 8 months. But the judge also sentenced the trio to five years of supervised release after their prison sentences.
The three have already pleaded guilty to Colorado charges stemming from their capture in August 2011.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption