|Published:||Dec 16, 2012 11:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 16, 2012 11:07 PM EST|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Detectives are investigating an inmate's death at the Broward County jail in Fort Lauderdale.
A sheriff's office press release says the body of Christopher Burner was found Saturday afternoon. Authorities say it was an apparent suicide. The medical examiner will perform an autopsy to officially determine the cause and manner of death.
Authorities say another inmate notified a detention deputy after seeing Burner hanging from a bed sheet. The 37-year-old's body was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The press release says during a court hearing Friday, a judge revoked Burner's bail and he was remanded to custody. Burner was being held without bond on one count of felony battery by strangulation and two counts of battery.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions