|Published:||Dec 16, 2012 11:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 16, 2012 11:07 PM EST|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Detectives are investigating an inmate's death at the Broward County jail in Fort Lauderdale.
A sheriff's office press release says the body of Christopher Burner was found Saturday afternoon. Authorities say it was an apparent suicide. The medical examiner will perform an autopsy to officially determine the cause and manner of death.
Authorities say another inmate notified a detention deputy after seeing Burner hanging from a bed sheet. The 37-year-old's body was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The press release says during a court hearing Friday, a judge revoked Burner's bail and he was remanded to custody. Burner was being held without bond on one count of felony battery by strangulation and two counts of battery.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.