Fort Myers, Fla. -- Every year, The Salvation Army of Lee, Hendry, and Glades puts on a Christmas Cheer program, a Toy Distribution program. A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held this Saturday at 8:45 am. Parents will be picking up toys for their kids and a food bag for Christmas dinner. Allen Park Elementary School will be honored for their red kettle drive success; they raised more than $1,500, an average gift of $1 per student!
There is a continued need for toys. If you'd like to help, visit the link below.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading