|Published:||Dec 15, 2012 7:21 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 15, 2012 7:22 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - On December 15, 2012 at 3:39 a.m., a Lee County deputy attempted to perform a traffic stop on a suspicious vehicle. The driver of a Jeep Wrangler pulled into the back of the Love Boat Ice Cream located at 16229 San Carlos Boulevard.
That driver is identified as 48-year-old Thomas Kollman of Fort Myers.
The deputy approached the vehicle and was engaged with an armed single occupant in the jeep. Shots were fired and the driver, Koto was killed. The deputy was not injured.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit is investigating the case.
Further details will be provided when they become available.
- A&E's 'Beyond Scared Straight' films in Charlotte County
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Suspect gets life in prison for 2011 deadly shooting
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Coyote sightings on the rise in Sanibel
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires
- FMPD arrests teen on stolen gun charge
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Lee struggles with budget and SRO issues
- Last person arrested in Lee Co. School District check scam