|Published:||Dec 15, 2012 7:21 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 15, 2012 7:22 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - On December 15, 2012 at 3:39 a.m., a Lee County deputy attempted to perform a traffic stop on a suspicious vehicle. The driver of a Jeep Wrangler pulled into the back of the Love Boat Ice Cream located at 16229 San Carlos Boulevard.
That driver is identified as 48-year-old Thomas Kollman of Fort Myers.
The deputy approached the vehicle and was engaged with an armed single occupant in the jeep. Shots were fired and the driver, Koto was killed. The deputy was not injured.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit is investigating the case.
Further details will be provided when they become available.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating