|Published:||Dec 14, 2012 1:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 14, 2012 5:14 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida's Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care (PPEC) unit enjoyed a special Winter Festival Friday.
Santa dropped by to hand out donated gifts from the HealthPark Care & Rehabilitation Center staff, Hadinger's Carpet and the Beta Sigma Phi Sorority.
This year, Whispering Pines Clydesdales once again treated parents and children to horse-drawn carriage rides.
The PPEC unit is a place for children who require ongoing care and therapy services during the day.
The unit is always accepting donations of all kinds. For more on how to help, contact the PPEC at (239) 343-6590.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained