|Published:||Dec 14, 2012 12:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 13, 2012 5:40 PM EST|
IMMOKALEE, Fla. - Collier County Deputies say two teenagers are dead after a shooting in Immokalee. Deputies are investigating the deaths as a probable murder-suicide at this time.
On Wednesday around 11:00 p.m., deputies were called to 205 N. 6 Street where Coby Martinez Deleon, 18, and Natalia Trejo, 17, were found dead, having suffered gunshot wounds to their heads.
Deputies say the two had an argument, and both were shot and killed. Witnesses told officers they had been living together as a couple for a year.
The teens were students at Immokalee High School. The CCSO youth counselor will be on the school campus today.
The victim's family says this is Deleon's grandmother's house. Detectives found him and Trejo, his girlfriend, dead inside.
The Medical Examiner's Office is performing autopsies on both of the teenagers.
School administrators chose to go on with today's planned spirit events, celebrating the football team's trip to Orlando for the state championship game, but school counselors and the district's crisis team are on campus to support the students. They will be there as long as they are needed.
Principal Mary Murray says after speaking with student leaders, the decision was made to have the pep rally. One of the victims, Trejo, was a cheerleader last year. She had to quit the squad because her grades dropped. Her coach, Tracy Bowen, says Trejo was still a part of the team. The cheerleading team will be creating a scholarship in her memory.
The school plans to hold a moment of silence Thursday afternoon, and a letter will also be sent home with the students. Click here to read the letter.
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- Local athlete needs votes for national award
- Collier County completes road widening project early
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool